Saturday, June 18, 2016

Learning

    "the nutraceuticals contained in raw honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity" (Dr. JoshAxe.com)  Did you know that?  I didn't until today.  This is what being healthy is all about, LEARNING.  It's about progression and working hard.  You can't be healthy, unless you are willing to learn.  I can't be healthy, unless I keep learning.  Unless we understand WHY we start or keep eating healthy foods, we will be prone to stop.  Let's face it, processed food is easier to prepare, saves time, and may even taste better. 

    The challenge is that I write a blog, once a week for the next year, that examines a food or a food group.  Through this, I want to portray why these food items should be eaten (or not eaten:)).  Knowledge of what you are eating will change what you eat.  I promise.  It will take time and sacrifices.  However, once the end result and purpose is laid on our hearts, food will make us thrive!!

   Not only is a growth of knowledge necessary, so is discipline. We can't be a slave to our taste buds.  We need to free ourselves from this.  Let's stay committed to what is true and what will lead us to healthier and happier lives.  Some days this will be hard when cravings and easy food fixes lure us in.  But, it's never too late to change and we all get grace for "hard and busy" days.  There is NO PERFECT DIET.  This is not to be a perfectionist, or fixated on a diet with fast results. 

  They say it takes two weeks for habit to stick.  I have found that a lasting, substantial diet change can take a year or many years.  This isn't about simply a habit, but an entire paradigm shift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment